Mirren Membership Terms & Conditions
The Mirren Membership Terms and Conditions (Agreement) describes the terms by which you may participate in the online and offline services provided with Membership, as owned and operated by Mirren Business Development LLC (“Mirren”). To participate, you must read and accept all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits. If you do not agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement, you may not participate in the online and offline services provided by Mirren Membership.
We reserve the right to modify this Agreement at any time, and without prior notice, by posting amended terms on this web site. Your continued use of Mirren Membership indicates your acceptance of the amended Mirren Terms and Conditions.
Terms of This Agreement Include:
- Description of Service
- Membership Eligibility
- Use of Service
- Canceling Your Membership: 14-Days Notice Required
- Member Conduct
- International Use
- Information Provided on this Web site
- Access to Service
- Mirren Communications
- Monitoring and Enforcement
- Mirren Membership Three Paid Types
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- Entire Agreement
- Limitations of Liability
- Governing Law
- General Information
Mirren Membership is a subscription-based resource center for new business professionals in marketing communications companies. Mirren Membership includes daily leads, online new business training, advanced webinars, on-demand learning, guided group training, and industry guest speaker presentation recordings.
Mirren Membership is for marketing services agencies and their employees only. Mirren Membership is not available to minors under the age of 18, or to any Members suspended or removed from the system by Mirren for any reason. Members may not have more than one active account. Additionally, Members are prohibited from selling, trading, or otherwise transferring their Mirren Membership account to another party. If you do not qualify, you may not use Mirren Membership. No outside contractors or consultants working for, or with, an agency may be granted access to Mirren’s services. They may not log in as a member to access any Mirren content including any portion of the Mirren website, nor may they attend any webinar.
Your use of Mirren Membership is governed by these Terms and Conditions. Mirren may refuse service without prior notice to any Member for any or no reason.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account with or without your knowledge. If you knowingly provide your login and password information to another person, your account privileges may be suspended temporarily or terminated. You agree to immediately notify Mirren of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. Mirren cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this policy.
You agree that Mirren may, with or without cause, immediately terminate your Mirren Membership account, access to the Mirren.com web site and all membership privileges without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, the following will lead to a termination by Mirren of a Member’s use of Mirren.com (a) breaches or violations of this Terms and Conditions or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) a request by you (self-initiated account deletions), (d) unexpected technical issues or problems, and (e) extended periods of inactivity. Termination of your Mirren Membership account includes removal of access to all offerings within Mirren.com and may also bar you from further use of Mirren.com. Furthermore, you agree that all terminations shall be made in Mirren’s sole discretion and that Mirren shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any termination of your account or access to Mirren.com.
Members can cancel membership by contacting Member Services. Please provide your name, agency name, email address, phone and request for cancellation of membership. A minimum of 14-days notice is required before your next payment period in the event of cancellation. If you notify Mirren and a Member Services team member receives your cancellation outside 14-days or more before your next scheduled payment, that payment will not be charged. Failure to notify Mirren, as required by our cancellation policy, will result in your next payment being charged in full.
You understand and agree not to use your Mirren Membership to:
- Post content or initiate communications, which are unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Act in furtherance of any illegal purpose, including, but not limited to, conspiring to violate laws.
- Falsely state, impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communications which include information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communication that infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to: (i) Using Mirren Membership to connect to people who don’t know you for the purpose of sending unsolicited promotional messages to those direct connections without their permission; and (ii) Sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Stalk or harass anyone.
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through Mirren Membership and Mirren.com.
- Post content in fields that aren’t intended for that content. Example: Putting an address in a name or title field.
- Interfere with or disrupt Mirren.com or servers or networks connected to Mirren.com, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to Mirren.com.
- Record any portion of a video from our On-Demand Learning Library, Guest Speakers videos, or any of our Advanced Webinar / Guided Group Training content.
- During your membership period, and for twelve (12) months from the termination of your membership, you agree not to directly or indirectly play any role in the recruiting or solicitation of any Mirren employee or Mirren contractor to terminate their existing employment relationship with Mirren.
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all applicable local rules, including, but not limited to, rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States, or the country in which you reside.
You understand that Mirren cannot guarantee the identity of any other Members with whom you may interact in the course of using Mirren Membership. You understand that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through your Mirren Membership is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated and that Mirren will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content. Additionally, we cannot guarantee the authenticity of any data or other content, which Members may provide about themselves or relationships they may describe.
After registering for Mirren Membership or for a Mirren event, Mirren may occasionally provide email updates on topics that are similar and relevant in nature.
Use of manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any web pages contained in the Mirren.com web site is strictly prohibited. You agree not to monitor or copy, or allow others to monitor or copy, our web pages or the content included herein. You also agree not to “frame” or otherwise simulate the appearance or function of this web site or syndicate the information from this web site. Furthermore, you agree not to take any action that interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, including, but not limited to, unsolicited communications, attempts to gain unauthorized access, or transmission or activation of computer viruses.
While we have the right to monitor activity and content associated with Mirren Membership, we are not obligated to do so. And since we do not, and may not have the ability to, control or actively monitor content we don’t guarantee its accuracy, integrity or quality. Because community standards vary and individuals sometimes choose not to comply with our policies and practices, in the process of using our web site, you may be exposed to content that you find offensive or objectionable. You can contact our Customer Service Department to let us know of content that you find objectionable. We may investigate the complaints and violations of our policies that come to our attention and may take any action that we believe is appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing the content or terminating accounts and/or subscriptions. However, because situations and interpretations vary, we also reserve the right not to take any action. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to any content on the web site.
Mirren reserves the right to modify the Mirren Membership fees, the Mirren Membership fee structure, the services provided with Mirren Membership, or discontinue Mirren Membership, or any portion thereof with a minimum of 14-days notice.
For memberships with more than 25 individual subscribers where Mirren is required to set up the account access for each, there is a one time set up fee of $16.00 per person for the first 20 people and $3.00 for each subsequent person.
1. Entry Level Membership: This fee is per office location based on the number of employees in each office. This is a per office location fee based on the number of employees in the office location. Full membership access will be granted to approved clients within 48 hours of application submission. Payment is automatically charged after 30-day complimentary period based on billing cycle selected in the application process (monthly or quarterly). By contacting Member Services, an additional option may be made available that provides a discount for coordinating several office locations into one membership with one central payment (“National Membership”).
2. Premium Level Membership: This fee is per office location based on the number of employees in each office. Full membership access will be granted to approved clients within 48 hours of application submission. Payment is automatically charged after 30-day complimentary period based on billing cycle selected in the application process (monthly or quarterly). By contacting Member Services, an additional option may be made available that provides a discount for coordinating several office locations into one membership with one central payment (“National Membership”). Premium Level Membership provides additional benefits that are not included with Entry Level Membership.
3. Annual and National Memberships: Applications are not available on the Mirren site, but arrangements can be made by contacting Member Services.
Following your 30-day complimentary access period, your membership will automatically renew and the fee will be automatically billed according to the billing cycle and payment method you chose when setting up your membership. The billing cycle is typically monthly, quarterly and in some cases annually. See the, “Canceling Your Membership: 14-Days Notice Required” section of these Terms & Conditions for information on terminating your membership.
By contacting Member Services, an additional option may be made available that provides a discount for coordinating several office locations into one membership with one central payment (“National Membership”). The billing cycle for this is typically one annual payment.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you agree to indemnify and otherwise hold harmless Mirren, its officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and other partners from any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages resulting from i) your use of Mirren Membership; ii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your communications with or through Mirren Membership, or iii) any other matter relating to Mirren Membership. Any business transactions that may arise between Members from their use of Mirren Membership are the sole responsibility of the Members involved.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT MIRREN MEMBERSHIP IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND THAT MIRREN DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROMPT OR PROPER DELIVERY, OR RETENTION OF ANY MEMBER INFORMATION OR COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN MEMBERS. MIRREN ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN MEMBERS. MIRREN EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
MIRREN MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) MIRREN MEMBERSHIP WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) MIRREN MEMBERSHIP OR MIRREN.COM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF MIRREN MEMBERSHIP WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH MIRREN MEMBERSHIP WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF MIRREN MEMBERSHIP IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM MIRREN OR THROUGH MIRREN MEMBERSHIP SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
The Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Mirren and govern your use of Mirren Membership, superseding any prior agreements between you and Mirren.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT MIRREN SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF MIRREN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES).
The Terms and Conditions between you and Mirren shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Washington State without regard to conflict of laws principles. Exclusive venue for any disputes or litigation arising out of or related to use of Mirren.com shall be in the courts of Washington State.
Mirren (including Mirren.com), Mirren Membership, the Mirren logo, and other Mirren names, including, but not limited to, Mirren Business Development are trademarks of Mirren. You agree not to display or use these trademarks in any manner without Mirren’s prior written permission. The section titles of this Terms and Conditions are displayed for convenience only and have no legal effect. Please send any questions or comments, or report violations of the Terms and Conditions to:
Mirren Business Development
Attn: Mirren Membership Terms and Conditions
2020 NW Market Street
Seattle, WA 98107-4012
All content Copyright © 2016 Mirren Business Development